The current healthcare system focuses on managing disease after it has occurred instead of preventing its onset.
Alternatively, holistic herbalism can be a wellness-first approach, emphasizing disease prevention. Through it, you can effectively address disease predispositions and correct imbalances to prevent their onset.
One of my favorite tools for this is the natal chart, which is a part of the practice of Astro-Herbalism. By shifting the focus from disease management to disease prevention, you can create a more proactive and holistic approach to healthcare.
In today’s blog post, you’ll learn
- Why being healthy and not being sick are not the same thing
- The 5 roots of health and how they correspond to the Elements
- Why understanding the constitution is a critical part of holistic herbalism
- What vitalism is and the role it plays in your health
- How to use the natal chart as a practical assessment tool