VITALIST HERBAL PRACTITIONER PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Applications will be accepted between November 19th - 22nd, 2022
Registration closes TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22nd at
Here at the School of Evolutionary Herbalism, we do our best to make herbal education available and accessible to as many people as possible. This is why we consistently publish free content and resources on our blog, podcast, and social media and through the community workshops and mini-courses we share.
However, we also strive to make our more in-depth programs accessible and inclusive to those who want to take their practice of herbalism to the next level.
We realize that for some people, the financial commitment to join our programs can be a big challenge, which is why we created our scholarship program to ensure herbal education remains accessible to those who may need extra assistance to be able to participate in an in-depth training program of this calibre.
Anyone is welcome to apply for a scholarship, but we reserve these scholarships for people truly in need of financial assistance to participate in our courses, so please read through our tier system carefully and apply only if you feel that you fit the 25% off or 50% off tuition reduction.
We also offer tuition reductions for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) students offered in the spirit of solidarity, and in recognition of systemic inequity that creates unequal access to financial, educational, and social resources.
We trust that our community values the same principles as us of truthfulness, respect, sincerity and accountability, so please only seek this scholarship if you are truly in need.
We also understand that trying to decipher where you "fit" within the guidelines of receiving a scholarship might be confusing, so we've created some criteria that may be helpful to determine which scholarship tier is appropriate for you. We highly encourage you to review these guidelines below and really sit with yourself and ask "do I really need this scholarship"? Tune into your gut and be honest with yourself. We ask you to do this because we wouldn't want your space to inhibit someone else from the opportunity of participating who may be in greater need than you.
consider paying full tuition if:
- You are able to meet all of your basic* needs
- You own a home OR rent a high-end property
- You have regular access to healthcare
- You have access to financial savings
- You have an expendable income**
- You can afford an annual vacation or time off
receive 25% off tuition if:
- You may stress about meeting your basic needs but still regularly achieve them
- You may have some debt but it does not prohibit attainment of basic needs
- You are employed
- You have access to health care
- You have some expendable income
- You can take a vacation annually or every few years without the financial burden
receive 50% + off tuition if:
- You frequently stress about meeting basic needs/don’t always achieve them
- You rent lower-end properties or have unstable housing
- You're unemployed or underemployed
- You have limited access to health care
- You qualify for government assistance including food stamps and health care
- You have no or very limited expendable income
- You can't afford vacations
*Basic needs include food, housing and transportation
**expendable income might mean you are able to buy coffee or tea at a shop, go to the movies or a concert, buy new clothes, book and similar items each month etc.
This scale is adapted from http://www.wortsandcunning.com/blog/tag/sliding+scale
Please understand we are not able to grant full scholarships, as we still need to cover our expenses to offer this program and to continue sharing these teachings. Our financial aid is prioritized at 25% & 50% off for our elders, people with severe health challenges or disabilities that impact their ability to work, veterans, and BIPOC.
Please consider that some folks struggle to maintain access to basic needs such as health care, housing, food, child care, and cannot make ends meet with the finances they have and leave these spaces open for those who truly need the help.
Please note: If you are currently paying for another Evolutionary Herbalism program, you will not be eligible for a scholarship at this time, as we reserve these spots for those who haven't had the opportunity to register at all.
Thanks for your understanding and we hope this offering will help grow your herbal practice!